Some time ago I wrote a series of posts on writing a chip8 emulator in C++. This is the Rust version of the same. The core is more or less a straight up port from the C++ version, so all the emulation features are the same.
The differences that do exist are:
- The GUI has been replaced with Egui, which is a pure Rust implementation. It’s not as full featured as Dear Imgui yet.
- No sound emulation. Some day. Maybe.
- Far easier to build on multiple platforms thanks to Cargo.
- I had to write an Egui backend to interface with SDL2 and OpenGL.
- Had a lot more fun writing in Rust than C++. XD